Restorative Dental Care in South Bend
When something goes wrong with a person’s smile, it can take a toll on their physical and emotional health. Restorative dentistry focuses on treatment that revitalizes a person’s smile and gives them a new lease on life.
At Ireland Park Dentistry, we are motivated by the empowering effect a successful restoration can have on a patient’s oral health and quality of life. Dr. Sridhar Meda has rejuvenated countless smiles across South Bend and surrounding communities. Schedule a comprehensive consultation to discover if restorative dentistry is the right path for your smile.
Restorative Dental Services
Our practice provides a wide array of restorative services to meet the individual needs of each patient. Some of our restorative services include:
- Dental Implants: A permanent way to replace a missing tooth or teeth. Implants are rooted into and fuse with the supporting bone, providing a root that preserves the bite structure and prevents bone loss.
- Bridges: Used to replace up to three missing teeth. Bridges are anchored into place on both sides by the neighboring teeth, which are fitted with a crown and act as supports for the bridge.
- Full and Partial Dentures: These can replace everything from a group of teeth to a full arch. Dentures act as natural teeth and restore your ability to eat, speak, and smile naturally. They are held in place by suction or a dental adhesive.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These dentures are a permanent replacement to a missing arch of teeth. No adhesives or overnight cleaning necessary – implant-supported dentures serve as new real teeth and can be cared for with standard brushing. They also will not slip out of place when eating or speaking.
- Composite Fillings and Bonding: Whether filling in a cavity or making a cracked tooth whole, our practice uses a tooth-colored composite to restore your teeth in appearance as well as health.
- Crowns: A crown is placed over a tooth to protect it when it is weakened by fractures or a large filling, or when a tooth is used to support a bridge.
- Root Canal Therapy: When bacteria infect the inner pulp of a tooth, a root canal is the best option to eliminate the infection and preserve the tooth. Once the tooth is free of infection and protected with a crown, it functions perfectly once more.
- Tooth Extraction: When a tooth is damaged or decayed beyond repair, it may need to be removed. Many people also require one or more of their third molars – known as wisdom teeth – to be removed due to limited space in the jaw. Our office performs gentle and efficient extractions to remove problem teeth while maximizing patient comfort during the procedure.
Patient-Focused Dental Care in South Bend
Ireland Park Dentistry is proud to provide quality dental care to South Bend residents and families. Dr. Meda and his skilled staff treat each patient with efficiency and care and take the time to make sure patients understand their oral health situation as well as their dental care options.
For a comprehensive consultation, schedule a visit to our office today!